Multilateral air cargo-passenger permanent check point across the state border of the Russian Federation — Novosibirsk International Airport is open for international flights by the Order №1646-r of the Government of the Russian Federation dated September 7, 1992.
Inside the Tolmachevo Airport check point, Novosibirsk — Airport border crossing point of the Department of the FSB of Russia in the Novosibirsk region performs its duty.
MIC Novosibirsk – Airport performs the following basic tasks:
- check the reason for crossing the border of persons, vehicles, cargoes, goods and animals, inspection of vehicles, cargo, goods;
- detecting and arresting violators of the rules of crossing the state border;
- detection, prevention and suppression of crimes and misdemeanours;
- maintenance and enforcement of international treaties of Russia on the maintenance of state border regime, a regime at the border crossing.
In accordance with the Federal Law of the Russian Federation, every citizen may freely leave and transit through the territory of the Russian Federation in presence of prescribed documents. A Russian citizen cannot be deprived of the right to enter the Russian Federation.
The procedure of crossing the state border of Russia when leaving the Russian Federation or entering the Russian Federation is governed by the law of the Russian Federation «On the state border of the Russian Federation» and the Federal Law «On the procedure for leaving and entering the Russian Federation», «On the legal status of citizens of the Russian Federation».
Article 7 of the Federal Law stipulates that the basic documents which are required for the citizens of the Russian Federation to leave and enter the Russian Federation are: passport, diplomatic passport, service passport, seaman’s book.
According to Art. 20, minor citizens of the Russian Federation, travelling alone, must be in possession of a passport and a notarized parental consent from parents or guardians to leave the Russian Federation. If a minor citizen leaves for more than 3 months, this consent must be witnessed also by the tutelage and guardianship authorities in accordance with the procedure established by the Government of the Russian Federation.
A citizen of the Russian Federation, recognized incapable by court, at the request of the parents, adoptive parents or guardians may leave Russia accompanied by an adult who can ensure safety of the incapacitated person and safety of surrounding people (Art. 23).
As per Article 31 Transit through the territory of the Russian Federation without a visa is allowed to the foreign citizen or the person who doesn't have citizenship in cases when they:
- carry out a direct flight on an aircraft through the territory of the Russian Federation;
- travel by the aircraft of an international airline company with the transfer in the airport located in the terrritory of the Russian Federation and have the duly executed documents allowing the right of entry to the state of destination as well as the air ticket with confirmed departure date from the transfer airport located in the territory of the Russian Federation within 24 hours from the time of arrival, except for the cases of involuntary stop;
- live in the territory of the states, which have a relevant international agreement with the Russian Federation.
Foreign nationals entering the territory of the Russian Federation must have a visa, valid identity documents recognized by the Russian Federation in that capacity, except as otherwise provided by international treaties of the Russian Federation.
Contact information of the check-point
«Novosibirsk – Airport» of the Border Department of the FSB of Russia in the Novosibirsk region
Tolmachevo Airport, Ob-4 633104
On extension of the validity of visas:
Contact information of the Border Department of the FSB of Russia in the Novosibirsk region
9 Zalessky St, Novosibirsk 630075